"You couldn't know, you couldn't understand, you couldn't appreciate. I had no right to expect it of you at all."
“O” tells about a match, unique and similar to each other at the same time. Two men who fight, come closer, pull away, develop a relationship that grows through play, erotism, aggressiveness; that crosses all the tears and imbalances common of every human relationship, and that ends in a vortex of intimacies, while the space between the two bodies is redefined.
The piece takes place in a football pitch, a place where conventionally homosexuality is must be denied. Slowly, the aggressive and manly movements become a dance and a dialogue between bodies.
The two men start to reveal and lose themselves into each other, redefining mutual balances and creating a vortex in which they remain linked by a common center of gravity. But then the point of stability fades away and they find themselves dealing with the difficulty of accepting the other.
In the explosion of a frenetic cha cha, the two men dive into an erotic dance in which narcissism and selfishness become the causes and consequences of the relationship failure. “O” is a representation of love, the search for one’s own identity, the discovery of sexuality; an anthem against homophobia.
- August 20th 2022 @ Uferstudios (Platform14) – Berlin, Germany
- May 20th, 2022 @ Auditorium di Piazza Libertà (Festival Up To You) – Bergamo
- October 18th, 2021 @ Laboratorio Urbano Rigenera (A Maglie Larghe 2021) – Palo del Colle (BA)
- October 9th, 2021 @ CineTeatro San Filippo Neri (Vuoti d’Aria 2021) – San Benedetto del Tronto (AP)
- September 23rd, 2021 @ Teatro degli Atti (Festival Sopravvissuti 2021) – Rimini
- July 31st, 2021 @ Polo Museale Santo Spirito (FLIC Festival 2021) – Lanciano (CH)
- February 22nd, 2020 @ Klub Żak (Gdansk Dance Festival / Winter) – Gdansk, Poland
- September 29th, 2019 @ Spazio Diamante (Premio inDivenire) – Rome
- July 25th, 2019 @ Largo Giacomo Leopardi – Matera
- April 5th, 2019 @ Nuovo Teatro delle Commedie – Livorno
- February 27th, 2019 @ Teatro Abeliano – Bari