by Nicolò Abbattista
“Daily Mirror” stems from the need to narrate today’s reality, playing the total absence of modesty of today’s society in commodifying the worst forms of cruelty. Each dancer has his or her own language, movement and individuality. As the human being is modified by the power of communication, so the dancers modify themselves and the others due to the external system which condition and shape them, bringing on the scene violence, abandonment, discrimination, bullying, vulgarity and pornography of feelings.
In the epilogue, a dream of redemption, the utopia of regaining the intimacy and dignity of feelings, leaves the viewer a chance for salvation.
"Pornography of deelings. Catodic dramas for fools."
For centuries, until the industrial revolution, the spread of news was based on the oral tradition of gossip: indiscreet and whispered voices that captured attention and amazement, telling the “facts” of the others. With the advent of industrialization and technologies, so from the printed paper onwards, gossip has taken on ever-increasing dimensions to the point of crossing the borders of nations and continents.
To ensure circulation, audience or visualization, the mass media seem to establish a continuous race in search of what “make the news”, up to the spectacularization of pain which, on one side, attract attention, but on the other side fill the society with cruel and bloody images, making people used to suffering, till they diminish it.
- QuindiciMolfetta.it – May 30th, 2014
- MolfettaViva.it – June 25th, 2014
- QuindiciMolfetta.it – July 6th, 2014
- MolfettaViva.it – July 2nd, 2014
- October 18th, 2014 @ Bicocca Village – Milan (extract)
- June 28th, 2014 @ Teatro Auditorium Regina Pacis – Molfetta (BA)
- May 31st, 2014 @ Teatro Edi – Milan
- March 29th, 2014 @ Teatro di Milano – Milan (extract)
- March 28th, 2014 @ Centro Barrios – Milan (extract)
- March 15th, 2014 @ Teatro Cagnoni – Vigevano (PV) (extract)
DIRECTOR & CHOREOGRAPHER
Olafur Arnalds, Johann Johannsson,
Philip Glass, Max Richter,
Immanuel Casto, Nobuo Uematsu,
Alva Noto, Ezio Bosso,
Ellen Allien, SeiOttavi,
DURATION 40” for 7 DANCERS
Rossella Piro, Manuela Colleoni,
Giorgia Varano, Jessica Aiello,
Annalisa Vancini, Michael Perchinunno,
November 23rd, 2013 @ Milano Danza Expo – Novegro (MI)
May 26th, 2014 @ Teatro Auditorium – Rho (MI)