“Sehnsucht” is a key word of the German romantic spirit, which embodies one of the typical concept of the romantic culture, rendered in English with “addiction to desire”. Heidegger, on the other hand, identifies a different meaning, since Sucht is to be understood in its original meaning as “pain”: “Nostalgia (Sehnsucht) is the pain of the proximity of the distant” (Who is Nietzsche’s Zarathustra?, in Saggi e discorsi, Mursia, p.71).
“Sehnsucht” means reaching the limit which separates us from each other, finding it, showing it, touching it. Lonely but, at the same time, dependent bodies investigate, in a common space, their own limits in relation to body, space, time and relationships. The dancers enter a movement system in which body, space and time become the coordinates of choreographic scores characterized by unusual directions, stops, accelerations, suspensions, falls and balances.
"What is the limit? A goal? Anything that bounds or defines us?"
The music, composed for the performance by Filippo Ripamonti, has the role of defining the space created by the dancers, also through the use of reverberations and tracing of sources. Music expands to break these boundaries with anthropomorphic music, no longer linked to the distance between molecules but to the distance between people.
The performance tries to overcome the choreographic case itself, through an instant composition that becomes different every time. The dancers enter the choreographic case made on space and time, with their own movement vocabulary, to write different relations, different choreographies, searching for contact with the other, reconciliation, union.
The movement flow in which the performers immerse themselves evolves and slowly reveals the internal relationships: the dancers question their limits, paying constant attention to the group, the changes, the instant reactions.
Inside this system, the bodies look for and find each other, exploring a new kind of contact, a new way of living the relationship in which the audience recognizes itself, living the performative act with hope and greed.
- MilanoTeatri.it – October 3rd, 2019
- DanzaSi.it – October 20th, 2019
- IoDanzo.com – October 22rd, 2019
- Gazzetta.it – October 25th, 2019
- IlCittadinoOnline.it – December 5th, 2019
- NotediDanzaOnAir.com – August 3rd, 2020
- MenteLocale.it – August 4th, 2020
- Danseur.it – August 8th, 2020
- Radio Lombardia – August 11th, 2020
- MilanoTeatri.it – August 12th, 2020
- LaStampa.it – August 13th, 2020
- DanceHallNews.it – August 14th, 2020
- Corriere della Sera – August 15th, 2020
- Il Giorno – August 15th, 2020
- Repubblica.it – August 15th, 2020
- Radio InBlu – August 15th, 2020
- DanzaApp.it – August 16th, 2020
- ViviMilano.it – August 16th, 2020
- SempioneNews.it – August 17th, 2020
- Repubblica.it – May 28th, 2022
- TeatroLiberoPalermo.com – May 31st, 2022
- The List – June 2022
- PalermoToday.it – June 1st, 2022
- DataThistle.com – June 2nd, 2022
- CorrBlimey.uk – June 5th, 2022
- TeatroeCritica.net – June 16th, 2022
- AlmaRose.it – July 15th, 2022
- ChietiToday.it – July 26th, 2022
- CampadiDanza.it – July 27th, 2022
- IlCentro.it – July 29th 2022
- StayHappening.com – September 17th, 2022
- ViviMilano.it – September 17th, 2022
- MenteLocale.it – September 19th, 2022
- July 16th 2023 @ Caselli Daziari di Porta Sempione (Milano Dancing City) – Milano
- October 5th 2022 @ La Cittadella degli Artisti (ESPLORARE 2022) – Molfetta (BA)
- September 21st 2022 @ Spazio WeMi (Milano Dancing City) – Milan (urban version)
- July 29th 2022 @ Teatro Fenaroli (FLIC Festival 2022) – Lanciano (CH)
- July 2nd 2022 @ Festival Danza Estate (dance BUS) – Bergamo (urban version)
- June 3rd & 4th, 2022 @ The Studio (Innovation Contemporary Dance Platform) – Edinburgh, Scotland
- May 28th, 2022 @ Teatro Libero (Presente Futuro Festival 2022) – Palermo
- August 16th, 2020 @ Castello Sforzesco (Estate Sforzesca) – Milan
- November 10th, 2019 @ Centro Danza Francesca Selva – Siena
DURATION 30” for 4+ DANCERS
Salvatore Sciancalepore, Samuele Arisci,
Chiara Borghini, Maria Chiara Bono,
Michele Nunziata, Arianna Cunsolo,
Angelica Calabrese, Enrico Luly
September 21st, 2019 @ Piazza Montanelli – Fucecchio (FI)
September 27th, 2019 @ Via Beltrami – Milan