A post-modern rhytm meets a cha cha track, goes through the 80’s, slides upon electronic notes and classical scores, and draws on the scene the LGBTQI world and all its shades: a world made of music, courage, freedom, dance, make-up, transgression, tenderness, unconditional love, but also dark corners of fear and madness, where hiding themselves.
“GLO” tells about love stories, unique and similar to each other at the same time. We are brought inside a kaleidoscope, where colourful images swirl around and turn acts into emotions. GLO tells about people: who love and desire each other.
The show is based on four gender studies and is composed by four different pieces.
“So the thumpa-thumpa continues. It always will, no matter what happens, no matter who's President. As Our Lady of Disco, the Gloria Gaynor, has always sung to us: We Will Survive."
Queer as Folk
The audience is involved in a glossy, muffled and teasing world. The powerful voice of Cher and her “Strong enough” make the scene alive, where super heroes in lingerie start to move, like bodies halfway between gay pride and cartoons.
Trait d’union of each situation is the chosen music: it helps both to emphasise the actions and to create a funny and free setting. That is why the playlist is made up of Cher or The Tamperer and contemporary artists such Steve Roach, Harold Budd or Brian Eno.
The only other objects are the clothes of the dancers. Ordinary, daily clothes with which they hide or undress, creating evocative nude-images or ordinary-life pictures that describe their intimacy. In this way they assume a double meaning: the mechanical actions that anticipates the union between bodies, and the metaphorical mean of “dropping” the shell that hides the real essence.
- GayCenter.it – July 10th, 2019
- Danza&Danza.com – February 16th, 2020
- Gdanski Festiwal Tanca – 22 February 22nd, 2020
- Corriere di Rimini – September 23rd, 2021
- August 20th 2022 @ Uferstudios (Platform14) – Berlin, Germany (extract)
- May 20th, 2022 @ Auditorium di Piazza Libertà (Festival Up To You) – Bergamo (extract)
- October 18th, 2021 @ Laboratorio Urbano Rigenera (A Maglie Larghe 2021) – Palo del Colle (BA) (extract)
- October 9th, 2021 @ CineTeatro San Filippo Neri (Vuoti d’Aria 2021) – San Benedetto del Tronto (AP) (extract)
- September 23rd, 2021 @ Teatro degli Atti (Festival Sopravvissuti 2021) – Rimini (extract)
- July 31st, 2021 @ Polo Museale Santo Spirito (FLIC Festival 2021) – Lanciano (CH) (extract)
- February 22nd, 2020 @ Klub Żak (Gdansk Dance Festival / Winter) – Gdansk, Poland (extract)
- September 29th, 2019 @ Spazio Diamante (Premio inDivenire) – Roma (extract)
- July 25th, 2019 @ Largo Giacomo Leopardi – Matera (extract)
- July 6th, 2019 @ Teatro Lo Spazio – Roma
- April 5th, 2019 @ Nuovo Teatro delle Commedie – Livorno (extract)
- March 9th, 2019 @ Teatro PimOff – Milano
- February 27th, 2019 @ Teatro Abeliano – Bari (extract)
- November 18th, 2018 @ MAT Laboratorio Urbano – Terlizzi (BA) (extract)
- June 13th, 2018 @ Gdańsk Dance Festival 2018 – Gdańsk, Poland (extract)
- May 26th, 2018 @ Festival IDACO 2018 – New York, USA (extract)
- November 19th, 2017 @ Villa Regina – Turin (extract)
Cher, The Tamperer, J. S. Bach,
Goldmund, Yma Sumac, Monoloake
DURATION 60” for 6 DANCERS
Chiara Borghini, Susanna Pieri,
Giovanni Careccia, Martina Zanardi,
Samuele Arisci, Salvatore Sciancalepore
December 6th, 2018 @ Spazio Fondazione – Milano
February 1st, 2019 @ Cittadella degli Artisti – Molfetta (BA)